Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 14 February 2008

The escape of a bad omen?

A Dream Sequence on the morning of Thursday 14th February 2008 (approx 4am)

I was lying down in a single bed. Awake. My eyes staring up at the skylight in the ceiling. Aware I'd done something to the brown bird which was standing close beside me. But unaware what. Aware then it was a lady Blackbird as it began pecking at my face and my hands. I was able after a moment to push it away and began to attack the bird. But I was unable to do it any harm. Fearful of me then the lady Blackbird flies up to the skylight. I watch as it tries to escape through the glass. I see then an unknown individual or entity on the outside of the skylight using its elbows to break the glass. I see then the entity helping the lady Blackbird to escape through the now open skylight.

Intuitive Meaning: A blackbird is a bad omen in a dream. Representative of someone or something 'attacking' me in life as a result of actions I'd taken in the past. Bad omen ... bad portend and a period of bad luck. Finally, some higher aspect of myself ... or some outside force entirely ... represented by the 'being' outside of the skylight ... has chosen to release the bad omen/bad luck from my life. The skylight can represent the 'crown chakra' ... I was a witness perhaps to some kind of assimilation of experience. I will watch closely the next few weeks to see if luck indeed changed.

It was poignant and very striking as a waking dream. A dream to take note of. The clarity of a clear mind appraised the symbolism ... and the meaning 'feels' right